Diwali is the most gorgeous of all Indian festivals. Not only do people deck themselves up, buildings, markets, homes, offices, schools all wear a festive look. Everything is spruced up, all corners squeaky cleaned. It is celebrated all over the country and a variety of sweets and savouries are made, bought, gifted. Here is one that ticks all the boxes, easy to make, tasty, healthy, guilt-free. So try them this festive season.
Serves – 4 Prep Time – 10 mins Cooking time – 30 mins
- Roasted black chickpea (Bhuna hua chana / Chutney dal) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Green cardamom pods (Elaichi) – 2
- Cashew nut – 2 tsp (roughly broken)
- Dry roast the chickpea till it is golden brown in colour.
- Grind it to a fine powder.
- Powder the sugar and green cardamom.
- Fry the cashew nut in some ghee and keep aside.
- Mix all the above and add ghee.
- Mix the ghee with a light hand and take a handful of the mixture and press tightly to bind it into a ball (laddoo)