An Italian baked egg dish with no rules….. can be made with almost anything and had at any time. Enjoy my version of it with fresh veggies and goodness of egg and cheese.
Serves – 2 Prep Time – 15 mins Cooking time – 40 mins
- Eggs – 6
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Green capsicum (diced) – 1/4 cup
- Red / Yellow capsicum (diced) – 1/4 cup
- Mushroom – 3 medium sized
- Spring onion – 1 with green tops
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cheddar cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
- White pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dice the capsicum and spring onion.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Grate the cheese and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok and add the spring onions. Saute till soft.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms. Saute till the veggies are soft and no traces of moisture is there. This will take around 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Grease an 8-inch round baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs lightly in a bowl.
- Add the cooked veggies, milk and grated cheese. Mix
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 180 C
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 mins.
- Cut out wedges and serve with a tall glass of iced tea.
Tip : Eggs not to be beaten too much. Just whisked enough to mix the yolk and white.