Broccoli is rich in minerals, vitamins, protein and fiber with very low carbohydrate and fat content, an ideal choice for any weight loss recipe. The almonds help reduce cholestrol and blood sugar, control hunger and thereby promote weight loss. But above all it is a creamy soup which can be had warm or cold depending on the weather. So enjoy a bowl of this green goodness with your loved ones.
Serves 2 Prep Time 15 mins Cooking Time 30 mins
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup
- Almonds – 12-15 pieces
- Potato (small)- 1/2
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 3 Cups
- Salt – to taste
- Blanch the almonds in hot water.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into florets.
- Peel the potato and dice it.
- Heat a pressure cooker, add olive oil and saute the broccoli, potato and peas for a couple of minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook it till soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, remove the skin of the almonds and save 4-5 for garnish.
- Slice the saved almonds into thin slivers.
- When pressure is released from the cooker, drain the water and blend the cooked vegetables and almonds to a smooth paste, adding some water if required.
- Transfer the ground paste and water drained from the cooker into a heavy bottomed saucepan and add more water to get the correct soup consistency.
- Add salt and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with a dash of white pepper.
- In summers let it cool and serve as a cold soup.
Tip : Don’t let the soup boil for a long time as that will reduce its nutritional value.